Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Pity Party

Table for one please. At my pity party today I am serving chocolate, soda (Mr Pibb to be exact) and tears (lots of tears).

Why the party you ask? Well, let me tell you.
Reason #1: I am still NOT pregnant. As many of you know we have been trying for baby number two for awhile now. We have had a few false hopes and this last one set me over the edge. It was to much to handle today. Lots and lots of tears over the last week.

Reason #2: My close friend here in town, Clare and her family are moving at the end of the month. Both she and her hubby got new jobs and will be relocating to KC. This is also making me happy for them but pretty sad me me. (Que the chocolate)

Reason #3: The stress from my job is really getting to me. I find myself in meetings for big chunks of the day and by the time I get to my desk to do the work that needs to get done it is almost time to leave. I try not to bring work home but there are just not enough hours in the day to get it all done. This makes for a very LONG work week and cuts into my time with my family. (Que the Mr. Pibb)

These things may not be very big to others but it is whats going on with me right now and why I may not be acting like myself. After dwelling on the not so happy stuff I think it is time to move on to the happy things in my life. The things that I am thankful for. A few of them are listed below in no particular order.

Reason #1: My happy, healthy child. I am so thankful that I have her to come home to every night and when I wake up I love to hear her sweet little voice say "Good morning mommy is it Saturday yet?" (she knows that Saturday is not a daycare day and she gets to spend the day with us).

Reason #2: My very supportive and understanding husband. I have been a crazy person for the last few weeks and he has been great. When I cry he knows if it is a cry that needs a hug or one that needs space. He even suggested I stay home or look for a different job if it would make me more happy or decrease my stress. (What a good man)

Reason #3: Great friends. Most of which are in the Kansas City Area but distance doesn't matter (and it really isn't that far). We have lots of options of who to visit when we are in town.

Reason #4: A job. Yes, it is stressful but it is a job that pays the bills, gives me benefits and allows me a little extra money to do the things I love like crafting and shopping.

Reason #5: A Plan. I know that things will happen for us when they are meant to and that the Plan for me may not be the plan I think it is. It is hard to remember at times but something I am working on.

Ok, this pity party is over! Thanks for letting me get it off my chest. Tomorrow will be a better day!

3 comments:

Katina said...

Sorry to hear about your struggles these days. You are very correct about the Plan. Everything happens for a reason, it just might be awhile before you figure what it is. Best wishes :)

Clare said...

As you know, there is a plan for you and the right things will happen at the right time!

I am so sad that I won't see you practically everyday. But also excited that your family is all in the KC area so I will see you lots still!

The Hensley Family said...

You're right - there is a Plan - keep your chin up! I've been having a pity party for myself lately and I know I have plenty to be thankful for as well!

It will all be okay!