Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Way Late Wednesday - Part 2

A few weeks ago Toby was out of town for a meeting so Paisley and I tried a fun and FREE activity; homemade sidewalk chalk. To make this all you need is cornstarch, water and food coloring. Mix 1/4 cup cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; than add food coloring (as dark as you like or are brave).


It goes on like paint/water and dries like chalk.



My cake!
Later that night; after Paisley went to bed I started to make a cake for a going away party for a friend at work. (Check out her fun travel blog here) This cake was so fun and easy to make. And oh so pretty!
Looks like I need to work on my cake removal a little more (most of the middles stuck to the pan).

I even made my own icing.

Ain't she a beauty?!
Look at all those lovely colors! YUMMY!!
(I got this cake idea from a blogging friend. Check it out here)

3 comments:

Katina said...

I love sidewalk paint! We do it with the kids at work. They end up with more paint on themselves but it's still fun. Love the cake! I wish I had the time and energy to be as creative as you.

val russell said...

OMG Sarah! That cake is awesome! Love it ;-)

meg duerksen said...

YOU ROCK!
what a colorful day!