Thursday, September 10, 2009

Our Story - The Ring

After 4 months of talking by phone and email Toby let me know that he had some leave built up and could come home for a while. He wanted to know if he took the time could we hang out together and of course I said yes (he was home for a whole month).


We had so much fun. He met all of my family and friends and I got to spend a little more time with his family and friends.
(My scrapbooking skills have improved)
We made dinner plans for Valentine's Day. I had to go shopping to get an outfit for dinner and I found a super cute (and by cute I mean foxy) dress! Toby came to the house to pick me up and my mom took pictures (It kind of reminded me of prom). My mom knew Toby was planning on asking me to be his wife because he had talked to my dad earlier in the week, so she wanted as many 'before' pictures. Then we went to his parents house for more pictures (again I didn't know what the big deal was, after all it was just dinner).
Then it was off to the restaurant for dinner. He was acting really weird during dinner and I was starting to get nervous. My friend Tiffany's words kept going through my head 'Your so getting a ring tonight'. I just hoped if she was right it wouldn't happen at dinner because I would DIE of embarrassment! We finished dinner and headed to the Plaza to walk around. It was a little rainy so we went to The Raphael. I was looking out the window and when I turned around Toby was smiling at me with a gift in his hand. I walked over and started to unwrap it. It was a book; a wedding planer. When I look at Toby he was on one knee with the ring box open. He asked me to marry him and I said YES!
Some people thought that we were crazy for getting engaged so fast but we didn't care. We were in L-O-V-E; Love!

2 comments:

val russell said...

It was fun reading this! (and just so you know... I like the old school scrapbooking skills you had!)

Katina said...

Aaaww! I love cheesy love stories!