Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's Eve

2010 ended with a BANG! Literally! I fell down our basement steps after I laid Ryder down for his nap. Look, I understand that I need to lose some more baby weight but I did not realize it was enough weight to be mistaken as Santa (thank you Paisley) or thunder/a tree branch falling on the house (thank you Toby). As a result of the fall I spend most of the day AND night laying on my belly because my bottom was hurting so bad (I think I might have broken my butt but refuse to go to the ER to get an X-ray). I have bruising on my right forearm, scratches on my right wrist, bruising on my right calf and a VERY sore rump. (Sorry no pictures)


Our game plan for New Years Eve:

The plan was to fake Paisley out and watch the ball drop from last year at 10pm but she had different plans. She was so excited she didn't go to sleep 11:15pm. So we watched the ball drop live in NYC and I have to say that I was a little sad to see Dick Clark (he looked & sounded awful). For our celebration we went all out; we got the good plastic toasting glasses, wine (for Mommy & Daddy), apple juice for Paisley, a bottle of the good stuff for Ryder, beads, and horns to help us celebrate in style. It was nice to have time at home just the four of us.

Cheers to the New Year!

1 comment:

Val Russell said...

Love the picture of the three glasses with the bottle! Sorry your butt got hurt =( I hope it's feeling better.