Friday, February 26, 2010

Our Week Without The Daddy Man

First of all I would like to thank everyone (family & friends) for your help while Toby was out of town. It is so nice to know that we have people willing to help out when we are in a pinch!

Sunday
Our week started out a little rocky. For starters on Sunday I broke my laptop screen. I was working on the blog when our house phone rang, so put my laptop on my nightstand and got out of the rocking chair I was sitting in. As my booty left the chair it started to rock (the chair not my booty) and knocked my laptop off the nightstand and right to the floor on it's side.

My screen now looks like this. The bottom right corner looks like a chunk is missing and it now has very colorful lines going across the bottom and right hand side of the screen. YEAH for my fun new look laptop look, just kidding it's kind of is driving me crazy!

Monday
Monday started out with good news; I called my OB and they gave me a few more instructions to follow before my next appointment but felt comfortable waiting to see me until my next appointment on March 5th. While we were on the phone they told me that my glucose test results came back normal and they faxed a note to work so I can ware tennis shoes until little man is here (they want to make sure I am safe). So that helped make me feel much better about things. I had a little bit of trouble at work with my wrist swelling so I spend half the day with my arm propped up on a mail tub with ice on it. I will have to say that I am getting pretty good at typing with one hand.

Tuesday
On Tuesday my wrist was still giving me trouble and Paisley asked me that night "Mommy when is your arm going to get better because you are no fun and I really want to do fun activities or craft projects with you again." To answer Paisley's prayer for more fun, my mom showed up on my door steps at 11:00pm that night.

Wednesday
Paisley woke up to a great surprise, her Nana was sitting on her floor waiting for her to get out of bed. When Paisley saw her she was so surprised she almost wet her PJ's! Mom kept Paisley home from daycare so they could spend the day together. They ran errands, visited an art gallery here in town, took a nap and had dinner ready when I got home from work. Mom also made dinner for us to eat on Thursday or Friday (I think that she felt bad that poor little Paisley was getting so much processed food for dinner because I was only making easy dinners for the week, A.K.A something frozen or from a can.) After dinner we made a picture for Paisley and Ryder's room. (It's cute but I'm not sure it will stay. I think that we will paint another one with polka dots to match the bedding and see what one we like better.) While the paint was drying Paisley talked mom into playing Wii tennis with her. I wish that I would have gotten a video of the match! It was sooo funny to watch and they won two out of the three matches they played!


Thursday and Friday
The end of our week was nice and easy. Work flew by for me but that tends to be the case when I am super busy and dinner was easy (Thursday night Mexican with the girls from work and Friday dinner mom made). This is the first time that Toby has left for school/work were when he came home NOTHING had changed about the house. As most of you know, it has become a tradition that I do a house project in his absence (without his knowledge of said project or approval) but this time I was unable to keep this tradition. What a bummer!! Oh well, there is always next trip! :o)

1 comment:

Clare said...

*Okay, I totally cracked up that you had to clarify what was rocking, not your booty!!
*Your mom is so sweet, I think that painting is beautiful, let me know when you replace it and what you are going to do with it ;-)!!
*I miss mexican food with the girls.
*I'm sure Toby is still looking for the thing that changed in the house!