Saturday, April 3, 2010

Gravity Sucks

Earlier this week I fell again. Family and friends would like it better if I either: bubble wrapped myself, locked myself in a padded room or got a motorized scooter to get around. My goal is to try to keep my feet under me all on my own.

Well, back to what happened, Paisley and I were out in the yard planning what we wanted to do with our garden this year when I decided to go into the house to get a pen and paper so we could see what it would look like (we are very visual people). When I went to step up on the deck my feet just didn't move and down I went. At least this time I was able to turn my body so I got more of my right side than my front. I called my OB and was told to do kick counts to make sure Ryder was ok, rest with my feet up, drink lots of water, and watch for bleeding. I think Ryder enjoyed this fall because he was moving and shaking like CRAZY! So no worries on the baby front. Also for me, not so lucky. Not even a full week out of the brace for my wrist and it started to swell again and my shoulder really hurt. So the next day I called the doctor again to report that Mr. Ryder was fine and to see if I should be seen for my shoulder. He advised that I get it looked at just to be on the safe side. So I went in and the diagnoses is: dislocated shoulder and fractured collar done. I am not sporting a very fashionable black sling for the next three weeks and can take Tylenol for the pain as needed.

1 comment:

Katina said...

You poor girl! You need a bubble suit to wear. At least Ryder once again fell with grace and won't be joining us so early. Take care of yourself and that little boy! I'm sure Nurse Paisley is being a good helper.