Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Girls Night Out

Every October a group of us girls head to Osage Beach for a weekend of outlet shopping and the BEST Mexican food E-V-E-R! Well, this year two of us are pregnant with one of your little ones due in October. Not wanting anyone to miss out on the trip we decided to more the date up. Too bad the idea didn't come to me sooner because we might have been able to make it to Osage Beach but it was a little last minute (and Ryder could come any day now). So we decided to stay close to home this time and settled for a night out at Legends.
Full of "Big" ideas Tiff (the other pregnant one in the group) and I decided to meet early so we could get a pre-dinner snack of soft pretzels and chocolate covered apples. Yummy!! After Tonya & Amy got off work they headed our way. After we got checked into our hotel it was off to Dinner at Los Cabos (we wanted to keep the Mexican food theme). It wasn't the same but boy was it good! After dinner we did a little window shopping and stopped for sweets from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Before we headed back to the hotel we stopped at Target for some adult drinks for the half of our group what was not 'with child' and more food for me (I don't think that I stopped eating all night). Back at the hotel room we enjoyed good conversation, drinks and snacks. It is so nice to have a good group of girlfriends!!
On Saturday we enjoyed our free hotel breakfast and then parted ways. Tiff and I made one more stop back over at Legends to finish our shopping and to get a pretzel for the road. By the time I got home it was close to 1:00pm and the house was empty (Toby and Paisley were visiting his mom to drop off her Mother's Day gift) so I had the house to myself. I read a few chapters in my new book and then I took a 4 hour nap. When I woke up Toby and Paisley were home and they had brought me a smoothie. They are the BEST!!
Sunday Toby, Paisley & I did yard work together. I didn't get to plant flowers this year for Mother's day but truth be told I don't think that I could have this year with my bump in the way. And as far as Mother's Day weekends go, this was a very relaxing and enjoyable one for me! Thank you Paisley & Ryder (and Toby)!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Seriously, who can say no to pretzels...especially when they're rolled in cinnamon and sugar...YUM.