She was sooo excited last night she could hardly sleep. Seriously, she didn't fall asleep until after 10pm. Then she woke up this morning at 6:30am. I heard her talking over the baby monitor about how her day was going to go. And she talked the WHOLE drive to preschool about what she was going to do today.
When we got to her class room she saw a friend (a co-worker's daughter) so that made it a little easier for her to feel comfortable. After a few minutes she was already off playing with the other kids. So I took my cue and told her goodbye. I asked for a hug and she said "Not now Mommy, I'm playing." That is when I made a B-line for the door before the first tears fell (mine of course not hers). I was a mess for about 20 minutes (thank you Tiff for calming me down) and then everything was fine. It also helped that I allowed myself two sodas, one really big brownie and Mexican food for lunch. Yes, my diet was shot for the day but I NEEDED the comfort of the food I love. Don't judge!
When I picked her up after work she was a little upset that I was there because she wasn't done playing yet. She was VERY sleepy & cranky on the drive home. But after dinner I was able to get her to tell me all about her day. And at bed time we read a little book that she made today. It is call: My "Me" Book. Here are a few of my favorite parts from the book.
- My hair color is: Darkest Blond
- My favorite meal is: Breakfast
- Here is a picture of my favorite food: Picture of scrambled eggs (yellow scribbles)
- Please don't make me eat: Lobster
- Favorite season: Winter
- Favorite day of the week: Wednesday
- When I grow up, I'd like to be a: Animal Doctor because I love animals
- I live in a: House
- Here is a picture of my room: I asked her what the drawing was and she said "Well, this is my bed and this right here is Ryder's diaper thing." (Good, glad this is what she thinks of when she thinks about her room)