Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Birthday Girl

So today was my birthday. My first 29th birthday celebration (I might celebrate this one a few times, I'm not sure yet). And it was a GREAT day!! I over slept, got showered with phone calls/test message, got a $5.oo gift card at lunch, I had a very productive day at work (I crossed lots of stuff off my list), went to dinner at Red Robbin (got a free Royal Burger; yummy), got to do a little shopping and went to bed before midnight! My day was wonderful!! I think 29 is going to be fun!



This year I am going to make a list of my '30 before I turn 30' so here it is:
  1. Stay soda free (I am two months sober & want to keep adding to that number)
  2. Develop & maintain healthy habits (Eat better & work out/be more active)
  3. Stop cussing
  4. Stay in the present (Leave the past in the past)
  5. Love my job or find one I would like more
  6. Be a better blogger
  7. Have more date nights with the Hubby
  8. Respond to text/email/voice mail more often
  9. Go back to school and work on getting my degree
  10. Be a better blog friend (Leave comments on the blogs I visit daily)
  11. Be a better real friend (Make more time to spend with the people that are important to me)
  12. Grow my faith
  13. Learn to cook (I would like to learn how to cook at least one really yummy thing in each food category; ex: salad, appetizer, entree, side, dessert, etc...)
  14. Embrace the outdoors
  15. Start a new tradition (Christmas in July with friends)
  16. Overhaul my blog
  17. Take a kids free trip with Toby
  18. Take a family vacation
  19. Print/organize our pictures
  20. Work on Ryder's scrapbook
  21. Work on our Travel scrapbook
  22. Start going to bed earlier (Before midnight would be nice)
  23. Be more responsible with money
  24. Take better/more interesting pictures
  25. Minimize my exposure to negative people
  26. Stand up for myself and the ones I love
  27. Get a booth this Spring at the Farmer's Market to sell my crafts
  28. Spend more quality time with each kid individually
  29. Take better care of my car
  30. Try to make new crafts

Now I have it in writing so we will see what I am able to mark off my list this time next year.

4 comments:

Val Russell said...

I love your list!

timudo said...

I enjoyed your list of Thirty. Great Idea.

Stephanie said...

EXCELLENT 30 before 30 list! I love it!

PS - If you get a booth at the Farmer's Market, you'll be the coolest. person. ever. What's better than that? Seriously, I love it. You have to do it!

PPS - You should add "Come to KC for drinks with Stephanie and Clare" to your list. Just sayin'. :)

Katina said...

Love your list! Happy Belated Birthday!