Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Burn

When you read “Burn” think Kelso, a-la ‘That 70’s Show’.


The Back Story:
On the way to drop Paisley off at Pre-school this morning the Cee-Lo song “Forget You” came on the radio.

The Conversation:
Paisley: Mom can you please turn this song up? I really really like it!

Me: (A little hesitant) Sure.

(I know, what you are thinking….What am I doing listening to THAT song with Paisley in the car. Well to be honest I am not sure but it was the version that says Forget you. So it isn’t that bad, right? Right?!)

Paisley: (Singing) mumble, mumble…. driving around town…mumble, mumble…. Forget you! OO, OO, OOO….mumble, mumble……Forget you! And forget her too!

Paisley: Mom, I think the guy that sings this is the same guy that was the voice of Louis the alligator.

Me: Louis the alligator? I’m confused, who are you talking about?

Paisley: (Sigh/roll of the eyes) Mom, he is the alligator on Princess and the Frog, remember?

Me: (Thinking/listening to Cee-Lo’s voice) Yeah, I guess they do sound alike.

Paisley: (Sigh/roll of the eyes) Duh, they sound alike because they are the SAME person!

(Obviously annoyed with my inability to keep up on the conversation and know the facts – facts according to Paisley that is)

Paisley: Mom, I thought that mom’s and dad’s know everything so how come you don’t know stuff all the time?

Me: (Shaking my head and smiling) Well, I guess that is what happens when you don’t go to college.

(I decided to take a chance and plant a seed)

Paisley: Well, I want to go to college so I can be smart like Dad! (Said as she folded her arms across her chest and looked out the window.)



The BURN:
I would like to remind you that Toby did not go to college either. So somehow Toby appears smarter to Paisley than I do. And that my friend is how my five year old successfully burnt me in less than five minutes on our drive in this morning.

2 comments:

Clare said...

Seriously Laughing so hard at this!!!!!!!!! Way to plant the seed too.
What did Toby think?

Sarah O'Brien said...

Hi, I'm Sarah

Love your blog! Come visit mine? :)

x