Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Baptism

I have never considered myself a super religious person but I have always felt a pull to the church.  At different stages in my life the pull was stronger than others.  My first religious memory is of me at age 5 or 6 walking to the front of the church asking to be baptised.  At that time we lived in Concordia, MO and were attending a Southern Baptist church.  I have other memories from VBS and youth trips. 
I have said that I wanted to raise my children in the church and give them the same opportunities that I had but I haven't yet.  On Sunday May 22nd, 2011 both Paisley and Ryder were baptised at Countryside United Methodist Church. 








The kids were given a Dutch Cradle Cross during the baptism that had this little message inside:

The Dutch Cradle Cross
Jesus said, "Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven." -Matthew 19:14   

With all their hearts, the Dutch believed in this passage from Holy Scripture and for centuries placed cradle crosses over the beds of their infant children - that this symbol of the Christian faith might early become a part of the child's consciousness. 

The Old Testament reminds us, "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." -Proverbs 22:06

--What a good reminder!

Thank you Mom, Bob and Ms. Ronda for being there to support the kids on their special morning!

2 comments:

Val R said...

I wish I could've been there. It looks and sounds like everything went perfectly. Love the pictures, and the church looks beautiful. So happy for you, Toby and the kids! (Good choice on Paisley's dress!).

Dawn said...

It was beautiful!