Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Big Boy Bed

About two weeks ago I heard a noise I have been dreading.  A loud thud from the kids room followed by crying.  As I went to check it out Ryder came walking around the corner in the hallway crying and rubbing his head.  That's right, he had jumped out of his crib.  I say he jumped out because he did it again later that day.  So I knew it was time to do something different.  First I took the rail off his crib and he LOVED it because he could climb up and jump off, no good!  This was not going to work.  Armed with his birthday money from Gigi and Papa Jim we went out looking for something else and we found something everyone liked; a Firetruck toddler bed. When we got home and put it together Paisley and Ryder had a blast climbing all over it.           


His first night was pure HELL for everyone.  After a two hour battle he finally fell asleep and we were able to put him in his new bed.  (He might not have been completely ready for this new bed but for safety reasons we were not going back to the crib.)  Nap time the next day was super easy and he fell right to sleep.  And that night he only got up like 6 or 7 times before he fell asleep with no tears.  After the first few crazy nights he has done great (sometimes he falls asleep other places and has to be moved) but I didn't want to blog about it and jinx us so now, almost 2 weeks later I feel safe saying that he has adjusted just fine. 

See for yourself:     
  
 
 
 

Thanks again Gigi and Papa Jim for Ryder's big boy bed.  He LOVES it!!

2 comments:

Katina said...

I was telling Joe about the blog and he said "So he's going to be a stunt man when he grows up" :)
I'm sure Dexter will be the one who figures out how to get out of his crib, Jonas came close but never did.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully he will be a bedtime champ before February...hee hee