Monday, September 12, 2011

Summer Field Trip: Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead

Our trip to Deanna Rose was the BEST $10 spent all summer!!  We/I decided last minute on our way home from visiting mom to stop.  We couldn't have asked for better weather! It was one of the first breaks from the crazy heat and we got there right when they opened so it wasn't very busy. 

It was so fun watching both Paisley and Ryder interact with the animals.  This was one of the first times Ryder started putting animals sounds to the animals. He wanted in with the ducks sooo bad!
 
 

I think we were at these cow bells for like 15 minutes!  It was like these two were trying to out do each other on who could be louder.   
 

The pedal tractor was for the big kids only and Paisley LOVED racing the other kids.
 But no mater what I did I couldn't keep Ryder off the track/tractors.  And every time I tried to put him on the right way he would climb off and get on like this.

Paisley couldn't believe that she got to ride the pony all by herself.  She started asking for one again. 
 

I think the goats were our favorite of the day.  Paisley had the feeding bottle and she kept tell them "Now, stop getting pushy or I will take it away" or "Down! Be nice or I will leave and take this bottle with me."  It was so funny listening to her talk to the baby goats like she would talk to Ryder.  Such a Mother Hen.  
 Ryder on the other hand was a big bully! If he wasn't trying to ride the goats...
 he was cashing them around....
 or trying to get the goats off the stump by puling on their legs....
 and headbutting them.  I think if we hadn't left the goat area when we did we might have been asked to leave! 

2 comments:

Katina said...

That is hilarious! I love the headbutting only because Dexter is a headbutter too.

Anonymous said...

I wish I would have went, you guys looked like you had so much fun!