Thursday, December 1, 2011

New Job Explained

When I quit my office job in June I knew that for me to be a successful stay at home mom I would need to do 'Stuff' to keep me and the kids busy.  We like to visiting/talk with people and seeing new (or old) things.  This is why I started the 'Field Trip' concept so we would be forced to LEAVE our house.  I also knew that I need something just for me, no kids. 

Cue first part time job (I don't get paid and it doesn't cost me anything):  I started teaching Paisley's Sunday class and much to our surprise we both liked it.  She LOVED having time with me (without Ryder) were we could do only big kid things and I enjoyed being around her and the other 5/6 year olds.  It has been so much fun watching them learn and remember what we have talked about (and sometimes they say/do some of the funnest things).  We are on a rotating schedule so I have the next few months off, unless I am needed to sub.  Also, I joined MOM's (Mom's On Mission) group at our church.  They meet twice a month and have free childcare during the meeting times.  This has been another free way to be out and with other women and I am getting reacquainted with my Bible. 

Cue second part-part time job (This one pays & I get to bring the kids with me): I am a sub in the nursery at the Y.  This job works so well for me because the other ladies give me a hard time if they don't get to watch Ryder (because I missed a workout).  So it keeps me honest and working out and Ryder loves getting to play with the other kids.

Cue third part time job (This one also pays & I get to bring the kids with me): I get to clean /organize for a friend.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this because these are two of my most favorite things in the world.  I think Ryder's favorite part is playing with her cats, dusting and turning the vacuum on/off.  I think a future wife will thank me!

Cue forth part time job (This one also pays but I can't bring the kids): This was a job at a restaurant serving (I won't say the name but it rhymes with Flew Goose).  After sitting in one day of orientation I knew this was not a good fit for me as a part time job and I didn't want to waist anyone's time so I quit.  I still like the food and the restaurant as a whole just not as an employee. 

Poor Toby is getting a little stressed about the lack of income/debut so these little part time jobs help both me and Toby stay sane while I am at home with the kids.  (Just so everyone knows: If you were to ask me what I want to do with my life I would tell you that I am doing it right now.  I am staying home with my kids and I will do whatever it takes to keep doing what I love. No, it's not always fun but I take to good with the bad!)

No comments: