Friday, June 1, 2012

Bad Attitude

I have started this post at least 10 times but have deleted it each time because I didn't want start a fight but not tonight, I am going for it! 

Something you may or may not know about me is that I avoid confrontation/drama at all cost. This can, at times, make me seem weak or like I don't care and it has lead to me getting walked on more times than I would like to admit all in the name of avoiding a fight.  

Well, good old Facebook is making it harder and harder for me to just walk away.  I am so glad that so many people have strong feelings and stand up for what they believe is important and want to talk about them ALL THE TIME but what I am getting sick of is all the judging when someone disagrees (or the Know-it-All attitude after reading something).  Now it is my turn to chime in on subjects that I normally don't like too but feel like I should because I might go CRAZY if I don't get it out! 

  • It is ok to say NO!  Say no at church, say no to your family/friends and for the love of Pete, please say no to your kids! 
  • Parents, grandparents, family and friends can we all please remember that no one was sent home from the hospital with a "How to Guide" on the "Right" way to parent.  We are all trying to do what we think is best for our kids and learning as we go. 
  • If you are not a licensed professional STOP trying to diagnose everyone else's kids.  Just let them be kids!
  • If you do not have GROWN children please quit handing out advise like you know what you are talking about.  Just because you have moved on to the next phase with your child does NOT make you an expert nor does it prove that your way is best.  
  • If look hard enough you will find a study somewhere to prove something you are currently doing will cause some sort of disease down the road.  Get over it!  Is there a reason we all want to live to be 130?  Will we start getting some prise or something for being so Good? Relax and have fun!
  • I feel like the Golden Rule is a thing of the past.  With all this social media people feel more brave to say things that they might not say if standing face to face with that person.  What kind of message are we sending to our kids?
  • Your family is your family.  God gave you these people for a reason so try to remember that he didn't give us a timeline on how long we get to keep them so treat them kindly. They are your family and they have to love but don't you want them to LIKE you also?  (Words can be very hurtful!)
  • Who are the Joneses and why is everyone trying keep up with them or even one up them?  If you are happy, why does it matter what they have?  We don't get to take it with us when we are gone so be happy.
  • If you are a friend BE a friend! Don't expect others to cater to you and your needs all the time.  Make an effort because one day they might realize that your friendship isn't worth the effort on their part either.
  • Last one and I know this one might make some people mad but, for the love of Pete if you are going to nurse while out in public just cover up already.  I support breastfeeding, I did it with both my kids.  I agree that it is totally normal to feed/nurse your child where ever you are, no matter what you are doing but it really doesn't take much to toss something over you. 

I will be back to normal tomorrow talking about happy/safe topics.   


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good For You!!!

Where's the "like" button...haha

Love you,
Momma

Amber said...

This is why I heart you so much! Preach on sista!

Love your face!
Amber

Stephanie said...

Amen, sista! I couldn't be MORE in agreement with you about the way facebook makes life just a little more annoying sometimes. There is nothing worse than those folks who are constantly negative, or judgmental, or covertly (not!) bragging about how great they think their life is! Enough already. No one likes you (not you, Sarah, everyone hearts you!). :)

Randy Daddy said...

Ikonow you are talking to me,Sarah, without pointing your finger at me or saying my name.... So I am sorry already...

Love you, Randy