Tuesday, June 19, 2012

May Review - End of School

Good bye Kindergarten!
Hello 1st Grade!

This little girl is so me.  When I picked her up on the last day of school she started to cry.  She said that she had cried earlier that day also because she was so sad to be leaving her classroom, her friends and her teacher.
This year Paisley had a male teacher, Mr. Mielenz and to be honest at the start of the year I wasn't sure if a guy teacher for Kindergarten was going to be very good.  I just wasn't sure if he would be nurturing enough for my very soft hearted girl but he was a PERFECT fit!  We will miss him next year.
 

The trouble with a man for a teacher...what do you get him for a gift to show how much we LOVED him?  Well, my first thought was to just get him a gift card somewhere but that didn't feel personal so we made him a "Summer Fun" basket for him and his daughter (she is 4) to enjoy.
Basket breakdown: Movie candy and a $10 gift card to the movies (and if they go to the $2 movies they will be able to watch a few this summer).
Fun Ice Cream Scoops and a $5 gift card to get ice cream.
A puzzle and pass to the local gymnastics place in town.
A calendar of events at the zoo, stuffed animal and day passes to the Topeka Zoo. 
I was able to get everything for $25 (thanks to having some stuff on hand in my gift closet - what you don't have a random closest full of stuff that you get on sale for super cheap?).  He was very thankful and called to personally thank Paisley for being so thoughtful.

Mr. Mielenz was also kind enough to help me start a new tradition for Paisley.  He was the first teacher to sign her book Oh, the Places You'll Go! and the plan is to give it to Paisley at her High School graduation (thank you Pinterest for the idea). 

1 comment:

starnes family said...

I love the summer fun basket.....simply precious!