Thursday, March 14, 2013

Picture This

I am sitting on the couch reading a book while the kids are playing when Ryder waddles into the room with is pants and undies around his ankles.


Ryder: Mommy, I peed standing up!

He is super excited and VERY proud of himself. My mouth drops open, I slowly put my book down and I calmly ask

Me: Ryder, WHERE did you go pee-pee standing up?
Ryder: In there (Pointing over his shoulder)

I slowly stand up and take his hand

Me: Ryder, show Mommy WHERE you went pee-pee.

He very excitedly shuffles us back to the bathroom (his pants still down around his ankles) and points to his little potty chair

Ryder: Are you mad at me Mommy?
Me: No Ryder, I’m not mad at you.

I hesitantly walk towards the potty chair to assess the damage

Me: You did a good job buddy. Please pull your pants up and go play.

I then proceed to clean the potty chair (and wall and floor surrounding the potty chair). So it starts; my never ending job of cleaning boy pee off my bathroom floor! I guess now might be a good time to get him to start using the regular potty.


Oh, the joys of parenthood!

No comments: