Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Library Project: Sofa Table

In the library, on the wall by the bathroom, I wanted I long skinny sofa table to I could put a lamp and a few other pretties out.  I have had my eye on a few but they were WAY more than I wanted to pay.  So I waited and waited and waited.  Then, just last week this table base was give to us for free.  So, I took it home to Toby to make a top.

He grabbed some wood from the farm (for free) and we started to make a plan.  We laid out the boards they way we wanted them then Toby went to work measuring, cutting and nailing all the pieces together.  I made myself useful by taking pictures and holding things.  Very important job! 
Then I got promoted to sanding down the table top.  We couldn't decide if we wanted to stain it dark or just put a clear coat sealer. 
So, we brought the table into the house to see how it looked. 
We kind of liked the look of the light wood so I added a few pretties to the table to make sure it would make the cut and it did!  This pretty little table has earned a spot at the Vincent house.  The best part of this project, everything was FREE!!
(P.S. We will add the clear coat this weekend to officially complete the project) 


1 comment:

starnes family said...

I love doing projects like these! We 'repurpose' things all the time. So smart.